The APS Team is a motivated bunch who have G.A.S. (Give A Sh*T) each and every day. Our top three priorities are safety, quality, and customer service. Join us in our quest to elevate every day science. Read more about our company culture here. A love for dogs is not a requirement, but highly encouraged. So, do you have G.A.S.? Check out our current openings below.
To apply, visit our front desk for an application, mail your resume to AquaPhoenix Scientific, ATTN: Human Resources, 860 Gitts Run Road, Hanover, PA 17331.
Current Job Openings:
Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 10 PM - 8 AM ET
The Production Associate has a hands on role in the assembly of our educational products and kitting line. You are responsible for performing standardize manufacturing processes, while continuously looking for ways to improve production quality and output. Your work ethic is crucial to the team’s success and to help ensure AquaPhoenix delivers its mission to elevate and make accessible hand’s on science while striving to exceed customers’ & employees expectation.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to AquaPhoenix Scientific, ATTN: Karen Mumma, Human Resources, 860 Gitts Run Road, Hanover, PA 17331, or email Karen Mumma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Diploma or GED, or evidence of exceptional ability in skill sets which are transferable to manufacturing production
- Flexible availability to work day shift, mandatory overtime or weekends
- Regular, reliable & predictable attendance required
The Quality Manager is responsible for leading APS's interests in developing and executing a long term Quality Assurance Strategy with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and customer focus. Taking the lead in regards to driving the preventative action and resolution of non-conformance process. This position is also directly responsible for managing the on-site quality staff within the Operational Area.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to AquaPhoenix Scientific, ATTN: Juanita Beck, Human Resources, 860 Gitts Run Road, Hanover, PA 17331, or email Juanita Beck at email@example.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the change efforts in regards to Quality Assurance as being well connected to all of the operational and business processes, understanding of these processes and how they relate to customer requirements (internal/external).
- Ensure that the organization's Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization's products.
- Lead a team of Quality inspectors and analysts.
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g. results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Oversee product recalls.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Apply analytical thinking skills not only while providing solutions to problems or situations; but also in a means of providing insight into preventive actions to avoid occurrences of non-conformance.
- Oversee quality data collection into SAP and perform trend analysis on quality information and track Quality KPIs.
- Oversee ISO 9000 Certification.
- Participate in Contract Review.
- Other Duties include: Provide training, coaching, mentoring, and guidance to quality associates.
- Bachelor's/University Degree in a technical discipline such as Chemistry or Engineering and / or related fields.
- 7 to 10 years' experience of progressive management experience in the quality, quality systems and continuous improvement in a related industry, especially in lime, cement, refractory, concrete, aggregates or chemicals.
- Ability to drive change.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities appropriately.
- Ability to manage systems, processes and people.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 standards.
- Proficient in computer software applications for equipment control, data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge & understanding of statistical process control tools and statistical analysis.
- Previous SAP Quality Assurance module experience preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement philosophy and processes.
- Experience in change management and team building.
- Experience or ability to execute and oversee laboratory methods and procedures.
- Ability to build relationships and work within a team environment.
- Ability to lead and influence in a peer environment without authority over the environment.
- Demonstrate system, project, and people management skills to oversee various activities while motivating and guiding others toaccomplish common goals.
- Ability to assist the team in achieving their goals through facilitation and leadership.
- Conceptual thinking, with the skill to see the big picture and understanding the wider knowledge in context with the organization's strategy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Organization and facilitation skills; planning and organizing, problem solving, analytical, decision making, multi-tasking.
- Customer service focus that anticipates both internal and external customers in a manner that shows a commitment to continuous improvement and delivers a high quality output.
- High level of reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
AquaPhoenix Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability, or status as a disabled Vietnam Era Veteran. This non-discriminatory policy applies to applicants as well as employees and covers all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits. Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship